The Graduate School of Business (GSB) offers E/MBA associates and alumni the opportunity to develop their business skills, network and boost their career skills via a series of events.
All events are complimentary (unless otherwise specified) for GSB E/MBA associates and alumni.
If you have any questions about an upcoming event, please contact Ashleigh Law on 07 3138 4977.
QUT E/MBA Advisory Opportunities – Fishburners Brisbane
March 1 - September 1
Commencing in March, QUT E/MBA associates and alum will be given the opportunity to partner with a Fishburners startup in an advisory capacity, providing strategic advice whilst building mutually beneficial relationships.
This amazing opportunity will give you the opportunity to utilise the knowledge and skills gained during your E/MBA, to offer practical business advice to early-stage startups.
You will also have the opportunity to learn more about the local startup community and gain valuable experience as a board advisor.
- QUT E/MBA associates/alum to form an advisory board for Fishburners Startups
– Two E/MBA associates/alum per Fishburner Startup
– Six-month commitment, i.e. approx. ten hours per month
– A business overview/strategy to be delivered to the startup up at the end of the six-month commitment
- Selected E/MBA associates/alum to have access to Fishburners workspace
- Fishburners to provide a masterclass facilitated by Google on how to be “Board Member Ready”
Founded in early 2011, Fishburners was the first Australian co-working space dedicated to creating highly scalable tech startups and a pioneer in growing the Australian startup ecosystem we see today. Since opening in 2011, Fishburners is proud to have become:
- Australia’s largest startup community – 383 startups across our Sydney, Brisbane and Shanghai hubs, 728 entrepreneurs today and 1,810 since opening
- Australia’s most popular host for startup events – over 500 visitors each week, 592 events in 2017 and 3,435 since opening
- Australia’s biggest funnel for startups – over 1250 approved startups, now adding between 40 and 50 startups each month across Sydney and Brisbane
- Australia’s largest not for profit dedicated to startups
Applications have now closed. Further details to come.
If you have any further questions, please contact Tim Burton at email@example.com